Penne with Salsa Verde, Mozzarella, and Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Packed flat-leaf parsley with thick stems removed
- 2 Cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 tbsps Drained capers
- 1/2 tsp Anchovy paste
- 6 tbsps Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Red-wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb Penne rigate
- 3/4 lb Fresh mozzarella, cut in 1/4 inches cubes
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
In a blender or food processor, puree the parsley, the smashed garlic, the capers, and the anchovy paste with the olive oil, the wine vinegar, and the salt and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the penne rigate until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain.
In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the parsley mixture, mozzarella, and tomatoes.