Lemony Roasted Asparagus and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 lb Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 lb Asparagus Spears, Spears Sliced Diagonally
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, Toasted
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Zest of Full Lemon
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
2. Toss the cauliflower florets and cut asparagus in ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the cauliflower begins to brown and soften (but is not mushy!).
3. Refrigerate until cool, about 15-20 minutes (you can either transfer it to a bowl or if you can fit the whole baking sheet in the fridge, this works faster since it's all spread out!).
4. Toss the roasted cauliflower & asparagus with remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Serve cold or at room temperature.